Looking to learn the basics of Fusion 360? Always struggled with 3D CAD and want a step by step, easy to follow course to work through in your own time? Our ‘Learn the basics of Fusion 360’ is for you.
This course is delivered by Phil Cotton, Autodesk teacher instructor, and learnbylayers founder. Phil teaches you how to sketch basic shapes to convert into 3D and how to edit sketches and shapes to build your key knowledge. By the end of the course, you will have learnt the key skills of 3D modelling to then create more challenging designs to 3D print.
All the tutorials are easy to follow and under 5 minutes long, allowing you to create models quickly and with ease. By the end of the course, Phil will have you confidently modelling a range of different items ready for 3D printing such as;
- Basic shapes with filleted edges
- Nuts and bolts
- Fidget spinners
- Spinning tops
- Embossing rings for jewellery
- Modelling an iphone case from scratch
Further skills included in the course are;
- Rendering 3D images
- Creating basic technical drawings
- Exporting a file for 3D printing
- Basic materials lecture
- Slicing lecture
Who is this course aimed at?
- Teachers who are buying into Fusion 360 lesson bundles to teach 3D printing and want to learn CAD.
- Teachers/schools who want to sign their classes up for remote learning.
- Parents/Homeschoolers who are working through subscription bundles
- Homelearners/hobbiests who want to start learning CAD for the first time.
Any other information you need to know?
- There is an end of course assessment to complete before the certificate is issued (you can take as many retakes as you like).
- Access to the course is for ( 12 months).
- Fusion 360 is free for education and personal use.