Learn how to design in 3D with Onshape. Onshape is one of the world’s most popular online CAD packages and is FREE for education and home use. Developed by the founders of Solidworks, Onshape is unique in that it is accessed through a web browser. There is no need to download any software.
Also, you can access Onshape through any device e.g. Desktop, Chromebook, Laptop, tablets/ipads and smartphones. Anywhere that you can login to a web browser, you can access Onshape 3D CAD program.
Play the video to learn more.
Benefits to Education
- FREE for education and hobby use.
- Easy to register, you just need an email address.
- Easy to collaborate with your classes by sharing designs.
- No need to store files on USBs, they are all saved in the cloud.
- Students can access their files anywhere so they can start work in school and then complete at home.
- Designs are accessible from any device.
- No need to download software to the schools’ network, just log in to a web browser.
- No need to run any software updates.
What will you learn?
In this course, there are 34 tutorials delivered by Phil Cotton, a High School Technology teacher in the UK, founder of learnbylayers and a certified CAD instructor. The course will build your skills from an absolute beginner, creating basic models to being confident in designing complex models, such as Iphone cases and Arduino cases. Topics covered include;
- Sketching 2D profiles
- Adding dimensions
- Projecting Sketches
- Extruding shapes
- Creating shells
- Adding fillets
- Adding holes
- Creating chamfers
- Offsetting workplanes
- Editing sketches
- Creating sweeps, revolves and lofts
- Designing models including brackets, vases, lampshade, iphones, iphone cases, door signs and Arduino cases
- Different types of 3D printing materials
- How to slice a model for 3D printing using CURA
Who is this course aimed at?
- Teachers who are buying into Onshape lesson bundles to teach 3D printing and want to learn CAD.
- Teachers/schools who want to upksill and learn 3D CAD.
- Teachers who want to teach CAD as part of remote learning.
- Homelearners/hobbiests who want to start learning CAD for the first time.
Any other information you need to know?
- There is an end of course assessment to complete before the certificate is issued (you can take as many retakes as you like).
- Access to the course is for ( 12 months).