Looking to learn how to CAD model for 3D printing? Are you a complete beginner or a competent CAD user looking to learn Onshape? Then our ‘Learn the basics of Onshape is for you.
There are 34 tutorials as part of this course that teaches you how to design 3D models using Onshape, one of the most popular CAD programs in the world. One of the major advantages of Onshape is you don’t need to download any software, Onshape is CAD modeling in a web browser with all files saves to the cloud.
Also, you can access Onshape through any device e.g. Desktop, Chromebook, Laptop, tablets/ipads and smartphones, meaning a true cloud based experience.
Play the video to learn more
Benefits to Education
- FREE for education and hobby use.
- Easy to register, you just need an email address.
- Easy to collaborate with your classes by sharing designs.
- No need to store files on USBs, they are all saved in the cloud.
- Students can access their files anywhere so they can start work in school and then complete at home.
- Designs are accessible from any device.
- No need to download software to the schools’ network, just log in to a web browser.
- No need to run any software updates.
What will you learn?
In this course, there are 34 tutorials delivered by Phil Cotton, a High School Technology teacher in the UK, founder of learnbylayers and a certified CAD instructor. The course will build your skills from an absolute beginner, creating basic models to being confident in designing complex models, such as Iphone cases and Arduino cases. Topics covered include;
- Sketching 2D profiles
- Adding dimensions
- Projecting Sketches
- Extruding shapes
- Creating shells
- Adding fillets
- Adding holes
- Creating chamfers
- Offsetting workplanes
- Editing sketches
- Creating sweeps, revolves and lofts
- Designing models including brackets, vases, lampshade, iphones, iphone cases, door signs and Arduino cases.
Who is this course aimed at?
- Teachers who are buying into Onshape lesson bundles to teach 3D printing and want to learn CAD.
- Teachers/schools who want to upksill and learn 3D CAD.
- Teachers who want to teach CAD as part of remote learning.
- Homelearners/hobbiests who want to start learning CAD for the first time.
Any other information you need to know?
- There is an end of course assessment to complete before the certificate is issued (you can take as many retakes as you like).
- Access to the course is for ( 12 months).