TERMS OF SERVICE
By purchasing a buy the files product or subscription plan to our lesson resources you agree;
1. Refunds or returns are not permitted for digital content resources downloaded from Learnbylayers ltd under the ‘buy the files’ products. For subscriptions plans we offer a 14 day refund policy.
2. You can only use the downloaded materials/login access for teaching at your current school or educational institution only. You are granted a site license only to any materials downloaded. You cannot transfer the downloaded materials to another school/institution. You cannot share logins with other individuals or institutions and you agree that any materials/resources/logins are only used for non commercial purposes.
3. You cannot use the downloaded materials/logins for commercial purposes e.g. reselling the materials or editing and then reselling an edited version in any format or using the materials in paid courses/workshops. They are for teaching purposes only in schools.
4. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Learnbylayers ltd against any costs, claims, expenses or losses incurred by you during the use of the downloaded materials for any reason.
5. You agree to adhere to the copyright of the materials.
6. You accept that we will monitor your IP address when logging in to teach the materials under subscription plans and any use of logins across multiple IP addresses will result in a warning and possible cancellation of your account.
7. We recommend you read our in-depth Terms and conditions of use below.
This website is operated by learnbylayers ltd.
Terms and conditions of use
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
- By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Copyright (c) 2019 Learnbylayers ltd.
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
Licence to use website
- You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website;
- stream audio and video files from our website; and
- use our website services by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- You may only use our website for your own personal use or teaching in registered academic institutions such as schools, colleges and universities, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
Registration and accounts
- You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website.
- You must not allow any other person to use your account to access the website.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- You must not use any other person’s account to access the website.
User login details
- If you register for an account with our website, we will provide you with a user ID and password Upon logging in to the website you can change these details..
- You must keep your password confidential.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
Cancellation and suspension of account
- We may:
- edit your account details;
- temporarily suspend your account; and/or
- cancel your account,
at any time in our sole discretion, providing that if we cancel any services you have paid for and you have not breached these terms and conditions, you will be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid to us in respect of those services that were to be provided by us to you after the date of such cancellation; we will give you reasonable written notice of any cancellation under this Section 7.1.
- You may cancel your account on our website by contacting us in writing and we will delete your account. You will not be entitled to any refund if you cancel your account in accordance with this Section 7.2.
Subscriptions and Buy the Files products
- To become a subscriber to our website services, you must pay the applicable subscription fees during the account registration procedure. We will send you an acknowledgement of your order. If your order is accepted, we will send you an order confirmation, at which point the contract between us for the supply of the website services shall come into force.
- You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and explaining the error.
- For so long as your account and subscription remain active in accordance with these terms and conditions, you will benefit from the features specified on our website in relation to your subscription type.
- We may from time to time vary the benefits associated with a subscription by giving you written notice of the variation, providing that, if in our reasonable opinion such a variation results in a substantial loss of value or functionality, you shall have the right to cancel your subscription, and we will refund to you any amounts paid to us in respect of any period of subscription after the date of such cancellation.
- At the end of any period of subscription for which you have paid, and subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, your subscription will be automatically renewed and you must pay to us the applicable subscription fees, unless you cancel the subscription using the cancellation facility on our website before the date of renewal.
- Buy the files products are bound by the “Website content and downloadable content license information terms” as set out in section 24 of this agreement. This can be found at the very end of this agreement.
- The fees in respect of our website services will be as set out on the website from time to time.
- You must pay to us the fees in respect of our website services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with any instructions on our website.
- We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our website, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
- If you dispute any payment made to us, you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
- If you make an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of our written request:
- an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (including charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer);
- an administration fee of GBP 25.00 including VAT; and
- all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this Section 9.5 (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees),
and for the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back for the purposes of this Section 9.5.
- If you owe us any amount under or relating to these terms and conditions, we may suspend or withdraw the provision of services to you.
- We may at any time set off any amount that you owe to us against any amount that we owe to you, by sending you written notice of the set-off.
Distance contracts: cancellation right
- This Section 10 applies if and only if you offer to contract with us, or contract with us, as a consumer – that is, as an individual acting wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- You may withdraw an offer to enter into a contract with us through our website, or cancel a contract entered into with us through our website, at any time within the period:
- beginning upon the submission of your offer; and
- ending at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into,
subject to Section 10.3. You do not have to give any reason for your withdrawal or cancellation.
- You agree that we may begin the provision of services before the expiry of the period referred to in Section 10.2, and you acknowledge that, if we do begin the provision of services before the end of that period, then:
- if the services are fully performed, you will lose the right to cancel referred to in Section 10.2;
- if the services are partially performed at the time of cancellation, you must pay to us an amount proportional to the services supplied or we may deduct such amount from any refund due to you in accordance with this Section 10.
- In order to withdraw an offer to contract or cancel a contract on the basis described in this Section 10, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw or cancel (as the case may be). You may inform us by means of any clear statement setting out the decision. In the case of cancellation, you may inform us using the cancellation form that we will make available to you. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you withdraw an offer to contract, or cancel a contract, on the basis described in this Section 10, you will receive a full refund of any amount you paid to us in respect of the offer or contract, except as specified in this Section 10.
- We will refund money using the same method used to make the payment, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any case, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
- We will process the refund due to you as a result of a cancellation on the basis described in this Section 10 without undue delay and, in any case, within the period of 14 days after the day on which we are informed of the cancellation.
- We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law,
and, if you are a consumer, your statutory rights will not be excluded or limited by these terms and conditions, except to the extent permitted by law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to Section 12.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our website or any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
- We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and subject to Section 12.1 we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Learnbylayers ltd registered trademark UK00003290835, our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
- The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
- If you have purchased any of our website services and there subsists a contract under these terms and conditions in respect of those website services, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of that contract. We may make such revisions only for the purposes of reflecting changes to applicable law, the technology we use to provide the services and/or our internal business processes. We will give you at least 30 days’ prior written notice of any revision. If you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within that period, the contract between us shall be automatically terminated and you will be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid to us in respect of website services that were to be provided by us to you after the date of such termination.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Subject to Section 12.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
- This website is owned and operated by learnbylayers ltd.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 11005812, and our registered office is at Kemp House,152 – 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX .
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
24. Website content and downloadable content license information
The contents of all downloadable units are protected by copyright.
The units and all the worksheets, PowerPoint presentations, teaching guides and other associated files distributed with it are supplied to you by Learnbylayers Ltd under licence and may be used by you only in accordance with the terms of the licence agreement between you and Learnbylayers Ltd. Except as expressly permitted by the licence, no part of the materials distributed with this unit may be used, reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Learnbylayers Ltd.
This is a legal agreement between you, the teaching institution, and Learnbylayers Ltd. Learnbylayers Ltd grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use this unit and all the worksheets, PowerPoint presentations, teaching guides and other associated digital content distributed with it in the course of teaching by your teachers and/or employees.
The materials distributed with this unit may be copied, edited and used by your teachers and/or employees on a single site only in the course of their teaching (Applicable to downloaded buy the files products only).
In consideration of the licence granted to you, you shall indemnify Learnbylayers Ltd against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Learnbylayers Ltd arising out of or in connection with the exercise by you of your rights granted under this licence.
Site Copy Licence
All photocopiable/digital resources may only be used by the purchasing institution on a single site and for their own use. You warrant that you shall not, and shall procure that each of your teachers and/or employees shall not, share in any way any of the materials or part of the materials or logins with any third party, including users on another site or individuals who are teachers and/or employees of a separate institution. You acknowledge and agree that the materials must remain with you, the teaching institution, and no part of the materials may be transferred to another institution. You also warrant that you shall not, and shall procure that each of your teachers and/or employees shall not, procure, authorise, encourage, facilitate or enable any third party to reproduce these materials in whole or in part without the prior permission of Learnbylayers Ltd.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions
Your attention is drawn to the statement below:
“You acknowledge that you rely on your own skill and judgement in
determining the suitability of the goods for any particular purpose.”
Although this resource has been prepared by qualified teachers, we do not warrant that the goods are suitable for any particular purpose (such as a specific course or qualification), as its effectiveness may be affected by specific local conditions, such as the resources available, the ability and capability of the students involved and their prior learning. Similarly, we also do not warrant the results that may be obtained from the use of any lesson resources or how any lesson resources may affect expected student grades in any public or private assessments/examinations.
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and Network Use
Electronic files may be uploaded and used on a secure, password-protected VLE or Network, provided they are only accessible to students attending the purchasing site.
It is Learnbylayers Ltd policy to obtain permission for any copyright material in our lesson resources. The publishers will be glad to make suitable arrangements with any copyright holders whom it has not been possible to contact.
Links to Websites
Links to other websites are provided where appropriate. Learnbylayers Ltd is not responsible for information on sites that it does not manage; we cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and inoffensive. Inclusion of a website address or hyperlink should not be taken to mean any endorsement by Learnbylayers Ltd of the site to which it points.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the lesson resources are accurate and up to date but no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. This resource is designed to supplement teaching only. We do not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the lesson resources, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of the lesson resources.
Additional non-returnable/non refundable items:
Downloadable digital products as part of the ‘buy the files’ product offering e.g. Lesson plans, PowerPoint teaching presentations, word documents, STL files and any further associated digital files downloaded either free of charge or purchased are non-returnable/non-refundable.
Subscriptions are eligible for a 14 day refund as set out in section 10.